Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Old Cafe Sketches

Here are some sketches I did for about couple of weeks ago.























I think I'm mostly comfortable with pen & ink than conte because it's hard for me to get the body proportion right sometimes. Last few weeks, when I saw some other people, they had those conte drawings that were highly proportioned, and had good line quality. I was trying to go to Ext. Life Drawing everyday, but I, unfortunately, ended up doing other work instead.

(-__-) ....

7 comments:

Andrew Chan said...

cool cafe sketches man. i'm the other way around.. i'm comfortable with conte and nupastels but when it comes to ink i really have a hard time since i'm use to drawing a light version before i start hitting it with the final lines...

with ink once i put it down on paper it's there. and it's black!! it's just not my cup of tea yet but i would really like to get better at it. =D

Dragon2524 said...

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, I went to your blog, and, really, your ink sketches are not bad at all.

(^__^)

Riè said...

These are really great. I'm a bit like Andrew in that I'm more comfortable with conte than ink for the same reasons. It's just so... BLACK! XD But like Joe Park mentioned, I have to draw unconfortably so I will be doing these a lot more for sure! Keep it up!

Dragon2524 said...

Domo arigatou gozaimasu Rie-san.

(^__^)

Anonymous said...

HEY KELVIN.. YOU ARE SOOOOO TALENTED... ITS AMAZING HOW YOUR CREATIVITY SPEAKS LOUD TO US. I AM GLAD RODELYN BROUGHT YOUR PAGE TO MY ATTENTION... KEEP UP THE FABULOUS WORK! YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF.

Miyakosakura25 said...

Kelv,

that anonymous comment came from my classmate Karissa. She forgot to put her name in it...lol.

Dragon2524 said...

Thanks a lot, both of you.

(^__^)....